I have to admit I cheated here and there and did not follow her method 100%. Nevertheless, it tasted just the way I like it and most important of all, it reminds hubby of his beloved 'kampung' whenever this is served at the dining table! ...which can also conclude that I've mastered his mother's recipe!
Chicken and egg stew with gula Melaka (Terengganu style)....yes, you got that right! - Gula Melaka...
- Heat up wok with 2 tbsps of cooking oil.
- Put in garlic n shallot n fry til slightly golden brown.
- Add in gula Melaka and stir til they are melted and sticky.
- Add in taucu paste and fry for a while.
- Add in chicken and ½ cup of water and let it stew at low fire.
- Put in eggs and let stew for abt 5 minutes or til sauce thickens.
- Add in dark soy sauce and the balance of water and stew for another 10 minutes or more til sauce is slightly thickened.