Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Simple Dimple Salad

Churn this simple salad recipe out according to my liking. No more hassle of going through the supermarket for the right salad dressing only to be disappointed by the taste. Well, I'm fussy when it comes to the right taste for my saald dressing....most salad dressing found in the supermarket are either too rich, creamy, sour, oily or simply missing the X-Factor I want in my salad :)

So here it is, a tip from a friend and my own modification - a twist of sweet, sour and lemony salad dressing I usually make to accompany my pasta and western dishes. Hope you'll like it :)



Ingredients (5 adult portion):

Dressing:
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tsp honey
1 lemon (juiced) OR 3 tbsp vinegar
1/2 cups chopped parsley leaves (I use Mc Cormick dried parsley leave whenever I cant find fresh ones)
salt & pepper to taste

Salad vege that I usually use:
2 mini butterhead lettuce
2 zucchini or Japanese cucumber (sliced)
2 carrots (cut into sticks)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 cups seedless grapes (my favourite ingredient for salad :))
2 handful or pine nuts / sunflower seeds / pumpkin seeds

Method:
1. Put in all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Toss into salad vege and serve immediately

There you go! Simple, healthy and delicious :)





Churned out directly from Aniston's Kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment